1. Cobra Tactical, Inc assumes no responsibility for the buyers or sellers lack of knowledge or understanding of the laws in which govern the sale or transfer of firearms including those set forth by the BATF and California DOJ or any other related laws.
2. Cobra Tactical, Inc will make efforts to educate our customers within reason in the lawful and correct way in which to conduct the transferring of firearms through Cobra Tactical, Inc. Cobra Tactical, Inc, its officers, and employees operate within the boundary of the law. We are not attorneys or law makers and do not provide anyone with legal advice in any way.
Cobra Tactical, Inc Requires the Following for All Transfers:
1. Notification from the Customer of the pending transfer (In Advance).
a. Failure to comply with this may result in shipment refusal.
2. DROS Fee is charged and the process begins once you and your firearm are both present in our facility.
3. For FFL to FFL Transfers, the Sending / Transferring FFL is required to contact Cobra Tactical (661-257-1406) in order to coordinate with us directly.
4. The Sending / Transferring FFL must comply with all of the California Department of Justice, California Firearms Licensee Check System (CAL-DOJ-CFLC) Program. Should a firearm be shipped to Cobra Tactical, Inc without obtaining a CAL-DOJ-CFLC Number, the firearm would be unable to be accepted until such number is provided. Accordingly, the firearm would be required to be shipped back the sender at the customers expense.
Private Party to FFL
1. Private Parties Non-FFL Transfers are required to send Cobra Tactical, Inc a copy of their ID via email (email@example.com) preferably or fax (661-257-0726) along with the information pertaining to the to the transaction, prior to the shipment of the firearm.
2. Please also include all contact information for the seller and buyer, and the description of the firearm so it can be matched to the firearm when it arrives. Any long gun which is being transferred must be in compliance with California and Federal Firearms Laws.
All Transferring Parties (FFL and Private Parties)
1. All Transferring Parties (FFL and Private Parties) must do one of the following:
a) Install a magazine locking device to any long gun that would otherwise be considered a “dangerous weapon” under California Law.
b) OR Remove the Pistol Grip (if Applicable)
c) OR Ship the Rifle disassembled. Cobra Tactical would re-assemble the firearm and install a magazine locking device. Additional parts and fees would be applied prior to the release of the firearm to the buyer.
2. Large Capacity Magazines in California mean any ammo feeding device holding more than 10 rounds. Qualified individuals may buy these from Cobra Tactical (Please read Cal-DOJ laws to see if you are qualified). If you are not qualified, you will not be allowed to take procession of the Large Capacity Magazines. Any fees resulting from returning the Large Capacity Magazines are the responsibility of the buyer.
3. ALL Handguns must be on the California Approved List by EXACT Make and Model. There is no gray area here. California DOJ has a list of approved handguns and it is absolute. Law Enforcement, Military and some other buyers are exempt.
4. The Buyer is responsible for any fees incurred during the sending of a firearm to Cobra Tactical, Inc or such a case in which the firearm or parts thereof are required to be returned to the Sender.
5. All fees will be deducted from the pre-paid transfer fee. Any balance is due prior to or at the time of the DROS.
6. Sales tax will be collected on all FFL to FFL Transfers. The California BOE may be contacted if you have any questions regarding this. We charge the current sales tax at our facility in Valencia CA 91355.
7. If the customer provides verifiable proof that California sales tax has been paid, Cobra Tactical, Inc, would of course not charge sales tax. Verifiable proof means: Official paid invoice from the selling company with detailed sales information including the firearm description, date of purchase, price of purchase, and sales tax paid.
8. Cobra Tactical, Inc requires a copy of verifiable proof to be retained and attached to the DROS paperwork.
ALL FEES RELATED TO TRANSFERS AND DROS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
And finally, we thank you for choosing Cobra Tactical, Inc. We understand that the firearm and tax laws in California can be rather frustrating. We will do what we can to make your firearms purchase as painless as possible.
Please contact Cobra Tactical, Inc at 661-257-1406 if you have any questions. We are here to help you.